South West Zone Hockey Player Registration 2021 - 2022 is now closed. Have a great season!
- Information on the Comets Female Teams, U15, U18 and U21 Recreation Teams, U15 & U18 Community Teams, and Junior C are provided here.
- Information on our refund policy for registration fees is below - click here
- Information on our Evaluation Policy - click here
U13AA Registration: Please note that the U13AA program is now with the AA Clubs. Click here to see the new Elite boundaries.
New Registration System
Hockey Canada has implemented a new registration system for 2021-2022 which is still undergoing updates. Registration will open July 1st.
Here are the directions to register in the new system:
- Create a new account with Spordle My Account
- Add all members/participants to the new account: players and coaches
- Once participants are added, you will be able to register directly through the Spordle Dashboard or by using this link to the SW Zone Online Registration
Comets Female Hockey:
The South West Zone Comets are again excited to host all-female teams for the age categories U9, U11 and U13.
New this year: Registration will be online with SW Zone Hockey starting July 1, 2021 rather than with SWAT Hockey or Confederation Hockey. All female players at SWAT Hockey or Confederation Hockey are welcome to register. Female players preferring to play co-ed hockey will still register with SWAT Hockey or Confederation Hockey. Registration information for the Comets teams will be emailed in June.
Transfer of Player Hockey Canada Record prior to registration
If interested in joining the Comets program, please email Ardis at firstname.lastname@example.org giving the player’s name and birth date so that her record may be transferred to SW Zone Hockey. Once the transfer has been approved, you will be able to register in the Comets program.
Fees for the U9, U11 and U13 Comets teams are:
- Fees for U9 Comets Female Hockey Program are $580 payable by credit card or cheque.
- Fees for the U11 Comets Female Hockey Program are $760 payable by credit card or cheque.
- Fees for the U13 Comets Female Hockey Program are $840 payable by credit card or cheque
- For the 2021-2022 season, the payment options are:
- to pay the full amount at registration, or
- three payments (1) at time of registration (2) Sept 1st and (3) Oct 15th.
If paying by cheque, please make cheques payable to South West Zone Hockey Assoc. and mail them to P.O. Box 41114 Edmonton AB T6J 6M7. Registration is not deemed complete until payment has been received.
Recreational Hockey League for U15, U18 and U21:
The EFHL Recreation Hockey League is intended for players who want to play hockey but not commit to the more involved practice and game schedules of the community hockey program.
Some of the key founding principles of this program are as follows:
- Focus on fun and participation more so than development
- Playing with family and friends
- Less time commitment - 18-20 games, no practices
- Minimize travel – playing closer to home as much as possible
- Lower fees – fees are set by the league with no need for team cash calls
- More consistent scheduling
When registrations open, players will have a choice of registering with SWZ Hockey for the traditional community program or the Recreation League program.
Fees for the U15, U18, and U21 RHL divisions are $450.
- Fees may be paid online starting July 1, 2021. For the 2021-2022 season, the payment options are:
- pay the full amount at registration, or
- two payments (1) at time of registration and (2) Sept 1. No late fee is assessed to Recreation League players.
- If paying by cheque, please make cheques payable to South West Zone Hockey Assoc. and mail them to P.O. Box 41114 Edmonton AB T6J 6M7. Registration is not deemed complete until payment has been received.
More details on the recreational league can be found on the Hockey Edmonton website at: http://www.hockeyedmonton.ca/article/59518
Body checking/Non-Body Checking – Tiered Community Programs:
Body Checking is expected to continue as it did in the prior seasons at Tiers 1 to 3. Players who are skilled enough to play at these levels and choose to participate in body-checking hockey will be placed in these tiers.
Note: Tiers 4-6 previously reserved for non-body checking have been changed to Tiers 1-3 non-body checking.
Players who do not want to play in body-checking hockey will have the option to identify themselves during registration. If a player is identified as such, he or she will not be placed in skate groups that will have body checking.
SWZ anticipates offering body checking clinics this summer/fall in preparation for evaluations.
Note that players who are willing to participate in evaluations and league play with body checking are not guaranteed placement on a body checking team.
Graduating Confederation Hockey and SWAT Hockey Players
Players born in 2008 graduating from Confederation Hockey and SWAT Hockey will need to email Ardis at email@example.com and request your record be transferred to SW Zone Hockey. Please provide the player’s full name and birthday in your request. Once the transfer has been approved, you will be able to register in the U15 program. You will not be required to complete the Parent Declaration form unless you have changed residences since the last registration.
U15 & U18 Registration
- See instructions above regarding the new HCR Registration system.
- Transferring and new-to-hockey players must contact the SWZ Hockey Registrar directly.
- Any questions please contact Ardis Eliason, SWZ Registrar, at 780-433-8457 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
U15 and U18 Registration Fees
- Registration information will be emailed in June to first-year and returning U15 and U18 players (except new-to-hockey and transferring players).
- Fees may be paid online starting July 1, 2021: The payment option are:
- to pay the full amount at registration, or
- three payments (1) at time of registration (2) Sept 1st and (3) Oct 15th. Please register by July 31 to avoid the late fee of $100. No late fee will be assessed to players trying out at one of the AA Clubs.
- U15 fees - $960
- U18 fees - $1010
NOTE: Registrations received after July 31, 2021 will be subject to a $100 late fee.
- Cheques are to be made payable to SOUTHWEST ZONE HOCKEY ASSOCIATION and mailed to PO Box 41114, Edmonton, AB T6J 6M7. Incorrect cheques will be returned and may delay the registration process.
- No late fees will be charged to players trying out with their designated AA Club (SSAC, CAC, MLAC, or KC).
Players New to Hockey or Transferring from Other Association to SW Zone Hockey:
- Players new to hockey or players that have played for another association and would like to transfer to SW Zone Hockey must contact the Registrar at 780-433-8457 or email email@example.com No late fee will be charged to new or transferring players.
Registration Requirements for Parents of New Players
Hockey Alberta requires at least one parent from each hockey family complete the Respect in Sport (RIS) Parents Course to have a child play organized hockey.
Please check the expiry date on your RIS Parent course. Hockey Alberta has arranged for the RIS Parents Course expiry date to be extended by one year due to the past COVID season; otherwise, the RIS program has a 4-year expiry. Link to Respect in Sport.
Hockey Alberta requires that every Team Official (Coach, Asst. Coach, Trainer, etc.) on a team sheet must take the Respect in Sport (RIS) Coaches Course - click here. The course is $31.50 and will be reimbursed to Team Officials by the SWZ. Please submit your receipt by email to the SWZ Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org when you have completed the course.
Junior C SWZ Oil Kings and SWZ Ice Kings - Registration
- SW Zone Hockey has two Junior C teams - the SWZ Oil Kings and the SWZ Ice Kings who both compete in the Noralta Junior Hockey League. The Junior C program is open to players aged 18 - 20 by Dec 31, 2021.
- The 2021-2022 registration fee TBD. Contact Bill Fraser for information on tryouts.