The SWZ is continually looking for volunteers to help our teams! If you are considering volunteering to be a Coach or an Assistant Coach for the 2020-2021 season, please read the following information. Evaluation volunteers who will be on the bench or in the dressing room should also register for insurance purposes but will not need to complete the RIS Coach or the Police Check at this time. Online registration begins on June 1, 2020.
1. Coach applications (Head Coach and Assistant Coach) for U15, U18 and U21 will be accepted starting June 1st for the 2020-2021 season! Forward completed application forms to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for the SWZ Hockey U15, U18 and U21 Coaching Application
2. Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Evaluation Volunteers
Please register yourself online the same way you registered your player. Click here to register. If you have used the system before it will be the same Username and Password; if you haven’t used it, you simply make yourself an account where it says “Create an Account Now”.
- You will register as Bench Staff, “Coach and Asst Coach Application”.
- Please make sure you go right to the end and Check-Out selecting Cheque as your payment method. There will be no balance.
3. Coaches and Assistant Coaches: Please ensure that you have taken/recertified the RIS Coaches Course. Effective the 2018-2019 season, Parents and Coaches are required to recertify their RIS course every four seasons. Please read the attached bulletin for information on how to recertify the RIS course. Click here to register.
- Those that are on Team Rosters with SWZ Hockey Assoc. will be reimbursed the $31.50 for the 3-hour long online course. Once the course is completed, forward your receipt to email@example.com
- RIS Coach is DIFFERENT than RIS Parents – if you are both a Parent and a Coach, you are required to have both courses.
- As part of its three-year strategic planning process, Hockey Alberta is developing a new Parent Engagement Program (PEP) strategy.
A key component of the PEP strategy is the Respect in Sport Parent and Activity Leader/Coach programs. Hockey Alberta has required successful completion of those programs since partnering with the Respect Group in 2012. Effective for the 2018-19 season, Hockey Alberta will require recertification every four seasons for the RIS Parent and Activity Leader/Coach online programs.
4. Coaches and Assistant Coaches - Please attend a Police Check time to complete a Police Check application
- Police checks are completed through SWZ Hockey Assoc. at no cost to the applicant or the team.
- Police checks must be completed in full prior to going on the ice or the bench for any reason.
- SWZ Hockey Assoc. requires that police checks be completed bi-annually.
5. Please remember to bring two pieces of Government issued ID as well as a photocopy of both pieces (new this year).
The most common items used are:
- Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Provincial Health Care Card
- Social Insurance Card